“What shall I do to be forever known, and make the age to come my very own?”
~ Abraham Cowley
There are many pressures and expectations that you face as you make professional, academic and life choices. These pressures mount as you prepare your dissertation, thesis or major paper. Many students feel alone, are under financial pressure, and feel out of balance as they try to juggle their academic load, jobs and home life. There may be moments when you wonder if you will actually complete your program. The challenge is to find your own voice, your own path and your own definition of balance.
Coaching can assist in this period of turbulence and transition, helping you to:
- Take the initiative to move faster along your academic path.
- Maintaining persistence and determination through an effective organization to meet your academic goals and parameters.
- How to be flexible in your approach in order to recognize opportunities, work around hampering issues and/or concerns, and learn how to change course, as required.
- Improving your communication and interpersonal skills to create lasting impressions, build and maintain quality relationships and networks, and help navigate you through administrative routes and academic politics.
- Helping you maintain academic-life balance, including self-care.
- Implementing a job search strategy, including resume, interview, and portfolio preparation.
Upon completion of your thesis, coaching can launch your careers. Erika can help you develop and implement a job search strategy including resume, portfolio and interview preparation.